Re-install iGetter in Safari
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-31-2006 09:10 PM

Posted by:
danika

Find more posts by danika

I need to install iGetter in Safari or else the security at the website I'm trying to access is going to block the download. The first time I installed iGetter, it asked me a question something like "install in browser?"

Then somebody told me that Safari would resume broken downloads and I didn't need iGetter. So I uninstalled iGetter to test if Safari could really resume a broken download. I never could get Safari to resume a broken download, so I reinstalled iGetter again. However, this time it didn't ask the question about installing in the browser. How can I do that if I'm reinstalling iGetter?

04-03-2006 06:35 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Danika,
iGetter asks for some important options at his first installation. Then it stores the answers in its preferences file ("<Home folder>/Library/Preferences/iGetter"). However, you can adjust these options at the iGetter Preferences, Integration panel. In addition, the "Integrate with Internet browsers" option can switched from the iGetter Tools menu.

Regards,
iGetter Support

04-06-2006 03:54 PM

Posted by:
danika

Find more posts by danika

I found "Integrate with Internet Browsers" in the Preferences panel, and the option was already checked. However, when I do a download, I just get the usual Safari download panel. Is that the way it's supposed to work? How do I know that Safari is really using iGetter?

04-07-2006 02:31 PM

Posted by:
Ilgaz

Find more posts by Ilgaz

After you quit safari, select that option to "disable" and "enable" again.

Perhaps something wrong with plugins directory.

Also check "disk permissions"

04-09-2006 04:16 PM

Posted by:
davidlaska

Find more posts by davidlaska

safari can resume a broken download

safari does (pather) resume broken downloads, but igetter can resume many more file types. safari can resume a lot of AVI movies, If fact if you open the download contaner and copy the avi file in progress, it will play so you get a sample before a big commit.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply