Wish List
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

04-15-2006 09:35 PM

Posted by:
Douglas Acosta

Find more posts by Douglas Acosta

Hi, I bought iGetter for Windows and really like it, works very well on my dial-up mobile phone connection as well as the LAN connection at office, I have some suggestions for the next version of iGetter, hope programmers read this

- When adding a link to the qeue and all of the files on the qeue are paused, I would like them to sta paused.

- How about Netscape 8.1 integration, is it possible?

- Remembering last 4 download folders would be nice

- Pressing the close button, just minimizes not closing?

Best regards

04-18-2006 11:21 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Douglas,
If you have switched on the "Start downloading immediately" option at iGetter options, General panel, when you add an item to the queue, it will begin downloading immediately. Or if a you have started the entire queue (two green triangles button) all paused downloads will be started. Use the "Start" download (red triangle button) to start only the selected file(s).

iGetter integrates with Netscape 8.1 but a bug in this browser causes problems in Internet Explorer and we don't recommend it.

Close button is planned to be controlled by an option. In the meantime, you can use the minimize button instead.

Thank you for the downloads folder suggestion. We will add it in the iGetter wish list for further development.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

05-14-2006 07:27 PM

Posted by:
user person

Find more posts by user person

First, I would like to say that I have tried other download managers and this one is the easiest to use with many powerful options hidden deeper in, but easy enough for advanced users to find.

Second, some suggestions to make it better.

I would like to be able to move more then one file on the download que at a time to change the order of download.

There should be a column that shows what number the file is in the download que. It took me a while to figure out that to put the files in order of download you have to click on Estimated time.

I would also like to be able to change the location of multiple files on the download que at the same time. I know that this can be done on the download folders thing on the right side, but it would be nice if you could do this in the main download screen.

There also seems to be problems with changing the sizes of columns horizontally when you put 150 or so files on the download que.

05-14-2006 07:30 PM

Posted by:
user person

"I know that this can be done on the download folders thing on the right side, but it would be nice if you could do this in the main download screen."

Sorry I ment LEFT side not "right" sorry. : )

05-15-2006 02:49 AM

Posted by:
user person

Another cool feature would be for iGetter to check the folder that you are going to be downloading to for the file you are about to put on your iGetter que. If it already finds a file with that same name in the folder you are going to download the soon to be downloaded file to it will ask, "This file already exists. Would you like to overwrite this file? Yes/No"

07-15-2006 10:56 AM

Posted by:
Douglas Acosta

Wish List

Hi, I have used iGetter mainly at home, but a few months ago I have to bring my laptop to the office then I noticed that iGetter works only with a Dial-up connections.

Would it be possible to make it work on a LAN?

Another one, iGetter has a great user interface but sometimes I would like it to fit my Windows Visual Style, is this possible?

And the last one, As I told I used at home by a dial-up cell phone connection, I am looking for a broad band wireless connection, these connections applies fees calculating the transmitted data, so I would like to have statistics of my connections, the simplest ones (date/time start, date/time end, data transmitted, data received)

Best regards

07-17-2006 06:59 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

user person,
Thank you for your post.

We plan to add a multiple downloads selection "Items Settings" dialog which will allow adjusting at once of the download folder, number of segments, queue number of the first item, comment and login info.

With the current version 2.0.1 you can reorder multiple files at once if you select them either holding the Shift or Ctrl key and then move them up or down in the queue. If you see a forbidden sign then either sort by the order column or click twice on the currently sorted column header. You can show the order number column if you right-click on any column header and choose "Priority Number (#)".

As of overwriting feature it would be very difficult to determine if the file is related in any way with the file that you want to download. It's very common authors to name their files "setup.exe" for example, so we rename the file to prevent any conflict with the existing files.

Thanks,
----------

Douglas,
iGetter works with LAN connections as fine as dial-up connections. In fact we use it mainly on LAN. There are some options that you need to check. First, you no more need the dial-up functions "Redial if broken" and "Hang-up modem when done". Next look if you have configured your Proxy settings properly at iGetter options, Proxy panel. Also make sure that you have allowed iGetter to connect the Internet in your firewall. And at last you need to turn on "Use passive FTP mode (PASV)" (it's on by default) at iGetter options, Connections panel. If you can browse with your browser but receive a network error in iGetter very possibly it's a firewall blocking iGetter.

As of statistics we plan to add such feature in the next version of iGetter. Currently there are some cumulative statistics shown at iGetter About Box (menu Help/"About iGetter").

Regards,
iGetter Support

08-05-2006 08:30 AM

Posted by:
Douglas Acosta

Wish list

Hi, I was wondering if iGetter works over HTTPS, for instance I was trying to download a file from my company's outlook web access site, but always get a network error saying that an authorization is required. I am using the dial-up connection. How can I manage to get the file?

Best regards

08-07-2006 02:08 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Douglas,
Try to enter your user info in the download's "Item Settings" dialog, Advanced panel. Note that you need to pause the download before to open its info dialog.

iGetter supports HTTPS protocol and the authorization error that you've got is not related to this protocol.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply