Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Problems with subdirectories
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-15-2006 02:41 AM

Posted by:
Michael

Find more posts by Michael

I have the same problem as somebody before.
Please give an answer to this problem written below.

Thank you.




This has been asked before, but I believe the question was misunderstood and therefore no proper answer given.

In the past, whenever I used the site manager to download protected files, any files within a subdirectory would DL, no problem.

But since updating to version 2.4, whenever I try to use the site manager to download a file, the only ones that work are the files in the directory mentioned. NOT the ones in the subdirectories. For example, if I were to use the site manager for say... "http://www.anysite.com/images/", I'd get the following results.

http://www.anysite.com/images/image1.gif Complete
http://www.anysite.com/images/image2.gif Complete
http://www.anysite.com/images/image3.gif Complete
http://www.anysite.com/images/thumbnails/image1.gif Waiting
http://www.anysite.com/images/thumbnails/image2.gif Waiting
http://www.anysite.com/images/fullsize/image1.gif Waiting

Is there anything I can do, besides adding all the directories of a site to the site manager (which can get tedious VERY quickly). Or is this simply a glitch in the program?

06-23-2006 05:25 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Michael,
Indeed, the Site Manager logic has been changed since version 2.3. In the previous versions iGetter waited a 401 Authorization required error and then tried to login until all matching to that site entries end. Since v2.3 iGetter first looks for a login info at every individual download, then looks in the Site Manager for a matching site and the difference here is that it must find the entry before its first attempt to login.

Now, I tried to download some files:

http://localhost/dir/file1.ext
http://localhost/dir/downloads/file2.ext

with a Site Manger entry "http://localhost/" and it worked fine. So may be we should investigate the problem a little further. If you can provide us a sample site where we can reproduce the problem please contact us at http://www.igetter.net/igetterfeedback.html

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply
Forum Jump:
< Last Thread     Next Thread >



| Home | News | iGetter | Downloads | Forums |

| Privacy Policy | Contact us |

All contents of these forums are copyright © 2001-2016 Presenta Ltd. All rights reserved.
Forums are moderated by Presenta Ltd.

Powered by: vBulletin Lite Version 1.0.0 Lite
Copyright © Jelsoft Enterprises Limited 2000.