Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
problems with download lists (os 10.3.9)?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-02-2006 06:05 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by James

Hi. I searched this forum for related info, but haven't found a (complete) discussion on this. I am very new to iGetter (v.2.5), having just found it today, and am examining its basic functionality on my PowerBook G4 running 10.3.9.

(1) I have a plaintext file containing a list of file URLs to download. When I attempt to use File > Open_Downloads_List to import this list file, nothing happens, even if Start_Auto is on. I'm not certain what to expect, but I was expecting the app to display all list URLs in the Main Window and prepare to download. Is there more to it than this?

(2) I also tried to simply highlight all URLs in my list (or a subset of them) and cut/paste them directly into the Main Window. In this case, only the last highlighted URL in the list gets imported. I see similar behavior when I turn on ClipboardMonitoring on the Preferences > Integration panel, or try to import the list via the Target_Icon. (I verified that the ClipBoard does contain everything I intended simply by pasting into a TextEdit instance.)

I have verified that my target URLs are valid. In fact, when I drag-n-drop the URLs individually from the list file into the Main Panel, the URLs import just fine, and the downloads proceed as expected.

Note that I am not trying out browser integration or any other more advanced functionality; I'm simply trying to import a list of file URLs to download directly via iGetter.

Are these bugs or am I missing something obvious here? Thanks for any insight anyone might have on this.

08-07-2006 08:41 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello James,
iGetter urls import feature is planed for the next version of iGetter.

iGetter Support

09-27-2006 02:19 AM

Posted by:

Find more posts by Mike

I have a convoluted workaround for this

copy the list of files

paste into mail and mail to yourself

copy the now hyperlinked result into textedit

save as html page

open resulting page in safari

ctrl click : download all with igetter

oh how i'd like them to put the functionality into future versions of igetter so i don't have to do this!

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply