not downloading to the right place
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-25-2006 10:45 PM

Posted by:
soundhound

Find more posts by soundhound

I'm using IGetter on an intel MacBook. For some reason, i tell it to download to the downloads folder i made and it still insists on putting the files up on the desktop - why wont it recognize the folder i tell it to download to?

08-28-2006 08:24 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

You can specify the default download folder in the iGetter preferences, General panel. It will be used when the "Open save dialog on new download" option is off (iGetter preferences, General panel). Also you can specify a download folder for each download at its "Item Settings" dialog by the browse option (download must be paused).

The download folder that you specify should have sufficient user rights. It must not be located on an external or network drive.

Regards,
iGetter Support

08-29-2006 07:31 PM

Posted by:
soundhound

Find more posts by soundhound

I have it set in preferences to download to my "downloads" folder and yet every time I download a file it plops it right on my desktop. The "open save on new" option is deselected and it's downloading to an internal drive.

08-30-2006 08:06 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Please, write to us using our support web form http://www.igetter.net/igetterfeedback.html including more information about your iGetter version, OS version and the folder that you set as default.

Note that downloads which are already in the queue will not be moved when you change the default download folder. You can move them using the "Item Settings" dialog for each download (it must be paused). Also, you can use the "Item Settings" dialog to check the exact place where your newly added download will be placed.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply