What happens when the preview expires
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-30-2001 07:02 PM

Posted by:
Craig

Find more posts by Craig

I've been using iGetter for a couple of weeks, and I've already decided to pay for it. My question is what will happen to any downloads I may be engaged in when the preview expires? Will the registered version just take them over? Also when will the final version be available for purchase? I haven't encountered a single problem with the preview, it seems ready for primetime to me.

Thanks
Craig

10-31-2001 05:16 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Craig,
We already work on the final release of iGetter. It will be shareware with a little amount of charge and will be released near to November 15, 2001.
The new version will inherit the download queue from the previous versions as well as preferences settings.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-09-2001 10:57 AM

Posted by:
Kirk Kerekes

Find more posts by Kirk Kerekes

True shareware, or crippleware?

11-10-2001 05:46 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
The final version will be classic shareware.

iGetter 1.5 includes new features like cookie support, improved integration with browsers, file mirrors search for acceleration of downloading and other enhancements. This version will be available for download at the beginning of the next week.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-13-2001 12:07 AM

Posted by:
Craig

Find more posts by Craig

It's the evening of 13th here in New Zealand, and by my calculations I've got 36 hours before the preview dies on me. Are we going to see the full shareware version by then?

Craig

11-13-2001 03:05 AM

Posted by:
Ze Kiwi

Find more posts by Ze Kiwi

Good points

You have some very good points there that i never even thought of, but since u put what u wanted to see i am going to put here what i love about igetter.

The auto reconnet/disconnect and shut down buttens are great, i go into town for the day with a download going and i can be sure that iGetter will shut the computer down for me

the download by iGetter in IE is great and saves time,

the look of iGetter dosn't need anything changed.

the options in the menus i haven'y really used yet but i may in the future.

the man in the moon's veiws are good and i would like to see some or all of those in a future version of iGetter, but i am not going to expect it to happen this month or even till year 2002, i don't know how long it will take but i will be with iGetter for as long as the program works.

Keep up the great work

Take care all

Ze Kiwi

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply