Cant Uninstall
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-10-2006 03:54 PM

Posted by:
Twisthem488

Find more posts by Twisthem488

I decided I dont need Igetter so I want to uninstall it. However using the unintstall program, it tells me its still in use. Ok then, I close Igetter. I try it again with the same response. CTRL+AlT+Delete and hit close Igetter. It wont close. I cant delete the files from the control panel, or manually, because Igetter will not close. I would like to uninstall this software, and it makes me very frustrated that the program is so obtrusive I cant shut it down! Please give me some assistance, and thank you in adcance.

Twisthem488

09-11-2006 06:58 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

In order to uninstall iGetter you need to quit the application first. Right-click on the iGetter Tray Icon (right-bottom on the Taskbar) and choose "Show main window" (or just double-click on the icon). Then close any opened dialogs such as "New Download"/"Process Web Page", etc. or answer the alerts such as "There are downloads in progress. Are you sure you want to exit the application?". Then select "Pause All" function from the "Downloads" menu and close the application.

Regards,
iGetter Support

09-25-2006 10:22 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

thank you for your support. I'm sorry about my hasty remark. I simply needed to restart my machine before I could uninstall. I've been working with computer long enough I should have known that. Thank you again for the help. I my post hasnt put anyone off.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply