paused download and scheduling
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-02-2006 09:36 AM

Posted by:
Patrick Toomey

Find more posts by Patrick Toomey

Just got my first MAC on Friday and am still getting my "sea legs." Here is a question about how Igetter works when doing a download, pausing it, and then setting a scheudled download for 4.5 hours later.

I downloaded 125 MB of a 211 MB file, and then manually paused the download. Next I went into schedule and set a download to begin 4.5 hours later. Will this automatically re-start the download that I had paused earlier?

Patrick Toomey
Victor, Montana

10-02-2006 02:40 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Patrick,
iGetter schedule function just turns on the iGetter auto downloading function at a given start time. So to be sure that this function will work properly you need to follow this:

1. If the machine is in sleeping state iGetter schedule function will not work. So you need to set the System Preferences->Energy Saver->"Put computer to sleep..." to "Never". (iGetter can sleep your machine if you substitute the "Turn off computer when done" function with "Sleep computer when done" in the iGetter preferences, Advanced panel).
2. iGetter must be started.
3. Downloads (that you want to download) must be in paused state.
4. See if the schedule start time is before the stop time.

It's good to test the schedule function first before to use it overnight. In example set the schedule function for a short time just to see how it will dial, start the queue and then hang-up your modem (if you use the modem options). The redial timeout in iGetter is set to 60 sec. you can adjust it at iGetter Preferences, Connections panel.

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-31-2008 08:24 PM

Posted by:
Jean-Yves

Find more posts by Jean-Yves

Is there a way when adding a file that it automatically goes in pause mode?

What I'd like when adding a download in the queue is that it will only download at a given time.
Currently when adding a file, it always start downloading automatically, I must pause the download first.
When adding several files at once (using FlashGot) it requires to go over every single download and pause them.

Speed Download can do this, but they have the worse user interface ever ; extremely confusing UI

Thank you

02-01-2008 12:02 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Jean-Yves,
You can turn off "Start downloading immediately" option at iGetter preferences, General panel and all new files will be added in paused state.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-13-2008 10:47 AM

Posted by:
Jean-Yves

Find more posts by Jean-Yves

And the download will automatically start at the specified time ?

Jean-Yves

02-14-2008 09:07 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Jean-Yves,
iGetter schedule function just calls the "Start all" (two green triangles) function. In other words on the schedule start time all paused downloads will be started. To test it out just select the "Start all" function and see how it will behave.

If you are concerned about the paused state it only means that your downloads must not be suspended if you want to download them automatically. All other downloads which at the start schedule time are in waiting, connecting and downloading state will be downloaded as well.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-20-2008 08:51 PM

Posted by:
Peter

Find more posts by Peter

Help, what am I doing wrong?

I put a URL into the scheduler. It starts to download. I pause it, open schedule downloads and set a time for it to start (usually overnight). The next morning, it hasn't downloaded and is still in pause mode. It's something simple, right?

Thanks,

Peter

02-21-2008 04:55 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Peter,

1. Is your "Energy Saver" put to "Never"?
2. How did you set the schedule start time? Is it before the stop time?
3. Did you test the schedule function before to use it overnight?

Thanks,
iGetter Support

04-19-2008 09:55 PM

Posted by:
foobar

Find more posts by foobar

How scheduling SHOULD work

The way schedu1ing currently works is buggy and only works half the time. It SHOULD work like this!

1. you click a link in a browser, and a window pops up and ands if you want to Download Now or Schedule.

2. If you want to change a currently downloading file to scheduled, you should be able to right click and choose Schedule. An icon and the status should change to reflect this. Currently a scheduled download still says Paused, which means you don't know if it's scheduled or not.

Also, what's the differen between pause and suspend - they mean the same thing!

11-24-2009 11:18 PM

Posted by:
S

Find more posts by S

Scheduler doesn't work.

This seems to be happening a lot, and is happening to me. The links ill automatically start downloading (even if the option to do so is disabled) and when paused will not start on schedule.

11-26-2009 12:26 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

@S,
So what happens when you start all downloads (two green triangles toolbar button)?

Is your machine asleep during this time?

How did you determine that iGetter schedule function didn't start the Start All function at the schedule start time?

Also, you may send a bug report, with some steps to reproduce the problem, here:
http://www.igetter.net/igetterfeedback.html

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply