< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-09-2006 11:17 PM

Posted by:
Qlfwyyd

Find more posts by Qlfwyyd

Hi,

I've been using EasyNews and a couple of other download sites that require passwords over the past year, and really appreciate iGetter's ability to queue and pause and put in pending - so I was happy to pay for it.

However, when it comes to password management, I feel it has dropped the ball. I like the concept of the 'site manager', where one can input an address with a password and username - however, I have to put in such specific addresses that the site manager becomes useless. In other words, for every download from these websites, I have to input my password manually using the 'Item Settings'.

Anyway, it's very frustrating to see that my browser can remember my password for a domain, but iGetter can't. Is there any way to correct this? If not, will we see an update in a future version?

10-09-2006 11:27 PM

Posted by:
Qlfwyyd

I should add that I did add the two domain names mentioned earlier in regards to EasyNews, and downloads directly from the ZipManager work fine. Any other download from their website results in the 'waiting / connecting' status until I enter the password manually in 'Item Settings'.

10-10-2006 07:43 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Qlfwyyd,
Did you try to enter in the "Site Manager" only the host (the URL till ".com/") of any of your easynews.com downloads. When you select the "Advanced" tab panel of a new easynews download (or its "Items Settings" dialog) do you see your user name and password prefilled?

Thanks,
iGetter Support

10-10-2006 11:28 AM

Posted by:
Qlfwyyd

I just had a re-look at the server that I was downloading from - and I had put in an address for the ZipManager... zipmanager.easynews.com and one for members.easynews.com BUT looking at some of my downloads I realised most of them from that page were coming from 'downloads.members.easynews.com'. So anybody else having this problem make sure you try and download from anywhere - then delete all the stuff back to the server.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

05-07-2011 04:00 AM

Posted by:
Macca81

Find more posts by Macca81

Thank You

this problem had been driving me nuts. thank you for figuring it out for me

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply