False downloads in one second!
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-19-2006 09:49 PM

Posted by:
captzog

Find more posts by captzog

Just purchased igetter and tried to download a zip file from flightsim.com. Click on any zipped file and the download is "complete" within one second. Of course the winzip error message states that the file is not a valid archive.

Q: How do you download a zipped file with igetta?

12-20-2006 07:47 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

I tested the flightsim.com site with a random download and the first thing that I noticed is that you should login first before you start a download. Your completed zip file is just an HTML page that asks you to login first.You can see this page if you put ".html" at the end of the zip file and then open it in Internet Explorer. To download the real zip file follow this:

1. Login to the flightsim.com site. There is a link "Member Login" at the top of the home page.
2. Find a zip file and click on it. If you have turned on the iGetter browser's integration an iGetter "New Download" dialog will appear. Now, click the "Cancel" button, since this is not a real zip file, but an agreement page.
4. You should see an "I Accept - Start Download" button. Click on it.
5. When the iGetter "New Download" dialog appears again, adjust the "Number of segments" to 1. This should be done since there is a bug in the flightsim.com "Apache" server which returns wrong file size on each resume. (The value after the slash in "Content-Range" field should be equal always.) It seems that they don't use the original "Apache" distribution. In short, the bad news is that you can't resume these downloads if your connection drops (you can restart a broken download however).

06-05-2008 01:43 AM

Posted by:
Pat Williams

Find more posts by Pat Williams

Other

Cool Site.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply