< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-04-2007 08:30 PM

Posted by:
VERY annoyed user

Find more posts by VERY annoyed user

-------------------------------
> But twice now, after an interruption, I got "Network error: The local file download has different size from the remote file. To fix this you must restart the download from the beginning" though I know the remote files haven't been modified. When the counter of a 750 Mo file shows 94% this is rather annoying.
> Hello Gemp,
The very possible reason for this error is that you don't have enough space on your HD. Eventual crashing of your system or a power fail may cause losing of downloaded data or corrupting of your downloads in progress, too.
-------------------------------

this answer is GARBAGE
make sure your program works BEFORE releasing it
i waited several days to get a large file
i have MORE SPACE than you can afford
and it's now broken
because your GARBAGE thinks it's wrong size

DO US ALL A FAVOR
DO ___NOT___ RELEASE GARBAGE

02-05-2007 09:38 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello "VERY annoyed user",
There are several reasons for the returned "different local and remote file sizes" error:

1. The URL includes a session timeout. In this case you need to fill a login form again or wait some timeout to get a fresh URL which will resume the file. This is a common practice at most free file sharing services which clearly say that if you want to use a download manager you need to upgrade to their paid services.

2. Some Proxy server (which appears to be on the way to the file server) returns a different than the original file size. In this case if you choose a different ISP the download will be resumed properly.

3. The server uses a buggy Apache distribution such as SuSE
Apache 2.0.48 distribution which returns a wrong "Content-Range" entity. To fix this server owner must use the original Apache distribution.

4. The file is really updated on the server.

To be sure what the reason is just look at the "Content-Length" and "Content-Range" entities of the first and the broken segments.

If the error states that the file date is different try to uncheck the "Prevent resuming if file date is modified" option at iGetter preferences, Advanced panel.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-01-2007 08:14 PM

Posted by:
G

Find more posts by G

Thanks guys - I've just recently started experiencing download problems because of reported date problems, hopefully this checkbox will fix it ;)

Cheers,
G

11-12-2007 09:30 AM

Posted by:
Ken Stewart

Find more posts by Ken Stewart

iGetter crashing under Leopard with above error

Yeah, this has just started happening for me, too - iGetter crashes with "the local file download has different size from the remote file" - and it has only happened since I upgraded to Leopard.

I tried unchecking the "prevent resuming if file date changes" checkbox to no avail - still mucho crashy crashy. Any ideas? You guys want crash logs?

11-12-2007 09:35 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Ken,
Please copy and paste your iGetter crash log at http://www.igetter.net/igetterfeedback.html. A test URL or some steps to reproduce the problem will help us too.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

11-17-2007 12:22 AM

Posted by:
Felix

Find more posts by Felix

Yes, this appears to be a Leopard-related problem. It's happening to me too. iGetter Support, hope you get this!

11-19-2007 12:45 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Felix,
Would you please send us your iGetter crash log at http://www.igetter.net/igetterfeedback.html. The problem that causes the crash may be different in your case.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply