a few simple (I hope) questions
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

02-08-2007 12:46 AM

Posted by:
Jerry

Find more posts by Jerry

Hi guys. I`m new to IGetter and have a couple of simple questions.
1. When setting a scheduled downloads, does one need to click on any other buttons other than "Set" after setting on/off time in the "Tools-schedule download" window?
2.Even when limiting max connections to 1 in "site manager-max connections" , for some reason files that I`m just trying to add to cue start downloading anyway. How do I stop that?
Thanks

02-08-2007 02:48 AM

Posted by:
Jerry

Find more posts by Jerry

one more question

One more question. Should I quit the iGetter once the downloads have been broken? In other words , will the programme restart at a pre-set time whether or not the iGetter is on?
Just to be clear. the site I`m trying to download from has a "time-out" policy from 3AM till 8AM. Meaning that no-one can download outside those hours. So it`s imperative for me that the Igetter starts and stops between those hours.
Thank you in advance.

02-08-2007 08:23 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Jerry,
iGetter schedule function just turns on the iGetter auto downloading function at the given start time. So to be sure that the schedule function will work properly you need to follow this:

1. iGetter must be running at the start time.
2. Downloads (that you want to download) must be in paused state. Just select the entire queue and push the "Pause" button.
3. According to your connection set the redial and hang-up schedule options. If you use a modem you must set at least the redial if disconnected option.
4. Verify that the schedule start date and time are properly set as well as your system clock and just push the "Set" button.
5. You must set the System Preferences->Energy Saver->"Put computer to sleep..." to "Never". (iGetter can sleep your machine if you substitute the "Turn off computer when done" function with "Sleep computer when done" in the iGetter preferences, Advanced panel).

You can test the schedule function before using it overnight.

As of limiting connections for some site it's possible that some of the files to this site may be started, but immediately they will appear in waiting state. Also it's possible that the second download is redirected from some other site. To be sure that the entire queue works with 1 connection set the following options:
1. Set "Max simultaneous downloads" value to 1 at iGetter preferences, General panel.
2. Set "Default number of segments" value to 1 at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel.

Regards,
iGetter Support

02-08-2007 11:39 AM

Posted by:
Jerry

Find more posts by Jerry

Thanks for the prompt reply .
So, just to clarify your answer, I need to leave the computer and igetter on at all times?
There are two pause buttons , a red and a green one . Which one do I click? At what point do i set the pause button? I mean, say the files are added to queue , then what? Do I set the time first and then press pause or the other way around?
Also, please review my first questioin, the one about limiting connections to one per site. I didn`t see an answer to that one.
Thank you .

02-08-2007 05:04 PM

Posted by:
Jerry

Find more posts by Jerry

I`m going to try to re-phrase everything in plain terms.
I have the timer set up, i have the files lined up, i want to download only one file at a time from a particular site, i want to be able to add files to queue while the current file is being downloaded, without starting the download on the added file. Where does the "pause" button come in? At what point does one presses it? Is it pause or "pause all" BTW? Does one need to press anything else (start, start auto) after pressing OK on scheduled download preference box? What is the difference between start and start auto buttons?
Thank you.

02-09-2007 09:38 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Jerry,
I tried to answer your question with site limits, but to be more clear if you add a second download with applied site limit it will start but will go into waiting state. You will see the following text in the segments tab panel for this download:

"Network error: The connections limit for this site is reached. You can change these settings from the Site Manager Preferences".

So even started site downloads will not connect the server more than the connection limit. You may turn off the "Start downloading immediately" options at iGetter preferences, General panel if you want to start your downloads manually (by the red "Start download" button).

As of schedule function. Yes, iGetter as well as your machine must be running with the machine sleeping option off. Otherwise iGetter will not be able to start downloading. (You may turn off the monitor).

Your downloads must be in paused state which means that only paused (not suspended) downloads will be started in automatic mode. You may pause the downloads at any time before the schedule start time. (The yellow pause button puts the selected downloads in paused state and makes them ready for starting in automatic mode. The green "Pause all" button stops the automatic downloading function (green "Start all") if it's on).

It's enough to set the schedule function on and it will start the queue at the given start time. There is no need to bother about the paused state unless you have a big queue and want to exclude some files from downloading.

02-09-2007 01:23 PM

Posted by:
Jerry

Find more posts by Jerry

Thank you for the thorough explanation, Igetter Support.
Should be fine now. Maybe just a little more practice is in order.
Again, thanks.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply