iGetter and YouTube
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

03-04-2007 04:18 AM

Posted by:
cldjr

Find more posts by cldjr

Am often dowloading video (.flv) from YouTube. Unfortunatly, even I have add <flv> in iGetter Integration prefs, videos still handle by Firefox Download and appear there as <get_video (1.2.3 etc.)>
Did I miss something ?

03-05-2007 09:55 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

There is no direct way to download flv files, since YouTube movie URLs are included in the swf files. But you can use the Firefox extensions as UnPlug and VideoDownloader which will give you the right link (sometimes you need to add "flv" extension manually after completion). If you have the FlashGot extension just use the "FlashGot Link" contextual menu command on the VideoDownloader "Download link" button and you will add the file in iGetter.

Regards,
iGetter Support

03-11-2007 08:10 PM

Posted by:

Find more posts by

A warning from end user

Download and use anything but don't "Buy" anything to download Youtube videos.

Youtube relies on advertising and I am sure they will make some security enhancements to limit/block the direct downloads. If the utility can'T keep up or can't workaround, it will die.

I saw couple of titles asking for money for that functionality so just in case...

09-16-2008 09:04 AM

Posted by:
wayne

Find more posts by wayne

I don't understand what you mean

I have got flashgot & igetter installed on my mac

& I want to download a video from youtube

how exactly do i do it? I don't understand what you mean when you say "flashgot contextual menu command"

do i do it from firefox (i.e. in the window of the youtube video) or do i set it downloading from flashgot or igetter

I'm sorry, can't get my head around this

09-17-2008 05:23 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

To download from YouTube:
1. Install the "Better YouTube" extension in Firefox
2. Click on the link that the above extension adds below the YouTube player
3. Choose some link (low or hi-res video) in the opened flashload.net page and add it to iGetter (use the FlashGot command "FlashGot Link", iGetter CM command "Download with iGetter" or drag and drop the link). MP4 links work fine with multiple segments.

01-14-2009 06:06 PM

Posted by:
shaosean

Find more posts by shaosean

In Safari if you open "Window > Activity" you can see the FLV loading after it starts playing and you can either:

1. option double-click the loading video link and have Safari download it; or,
2. click the loading video link, copy the link and paste into iGetter

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply