Forums > iGetter for Windows
Download doens't finish
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-01-2007 11:43 AM

Posted by:
Will Miller

Find more posts by Will Miller

Tried to load a .wmv-File down, but there's always at 99% or 98% an error: the status always changes between waiting/connecting, but nothing happens and the download doesn't finish.
By the way, could you tell me, what I have to change, that iGetter starts downloading .wmv-files itself? I had to start the download myself with "new download" and then url.

I tried to load different .wmv-files with two different computers, I had the same error with both of them.

I loaded the things from

Is that an mistake by iGetter or by the server?

Thank you for the answers

05-01-2007 12:20 PM

Posted by:
Will Miller

Find more posts by Will Miller

I forgot to say: after about half an hour, status changes to "broken".

05-04-2007 01:48 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

It seems that "" uses temporary URLs, which expire after the file has been downloaded.
iGetter splits the file by multiple segments (which downloads simultaneously), and when the last segment is completed "" "thinks" that the download is finished and invalidates the URL. Next when iGetter tries to make another connection to the site, for a new segment, the URL is already invalidated and the site returns an error.
So, the best you can do with such temporary URLs is to download them with 1 segment - set the "Number of segments" to 1 in the "Item Settings" of the file, before starting the download.

iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply