< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-05-2007 11:14 PM

Posted by:
peter

Find more posts by peter

Hello,

I've tried searching your forum, however maybe I'm not using the right terms.

My problem is that I'm trying to download a large file which is 100mb segments. Many of the segments get to 96 to 99 mb and the connection drops out. iGetter goes into a circular mode of 'Waiting' then 'Connecting' but never completes the download.

The only way I can resolve the problem is to delete the file and reload it. The weird thing is that often when I do that the segment downloads fine.

Thank you

peter

05-07-2007 06:57 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Peter,
If it's a filefront.com download you may receive a "403 Access Forbidden" error on random occasions. Also if you use multiple segments on filefront downloads you need to get a new file URL from the same download page when some of the segments goes in broken state. You can use the FlashGot extension of Firefox to easily add such URLs to iGetter through the "Save As" dialog.

If it's not a filefront.com download then it may be a sharing service that uses temporary URLs. To avoid problems with such downloads just download with 1 segment - set the "Number of segments" to 1 in the "Item Settings" dialog, before starting the download or use the Site Manager to limit the number of connections to the site.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply