< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-10-2007 08:09 AM

Posted by:
andrew

Find more posts by andrew

Hi

I often have to download many files from multiple servers (multiple files from each server). Each server has a one connection restriction from each IP and I set it accordingly in the site manager.

I wish to download one file from each server simultaneously.
For example, if I have the following download list and the max simultaneous downloads is set to two.

file1 server1
file2 server1
file3 server2
file4 server2

What I want is to download file1 and file3 simultaneously first and when either one of them is finished, to start the download of the next file from the same server.
However, iGetter will first try to download file1 and file2 with only one of them being successful due to the connection limit of server1. file3 and file4 will be kept in the pending state.

Although I can order the list to get what I want, it is tedious for a large number of files and less efficient since files are fished in different length of time.

Could this be done in iGetter? Thanks!

05-11-2007 10:14 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

We plan to improve the site limitation logic in the next versions of iGetter. Currently you can just increase the max simultaneous downloads value for example to 3.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply