Downloading Updates
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-31-2007 08:47 PM

Posted by:
Bevy

Find more posts by Bevy

How do I use iGetter to download updates such as the latest Java 5.0.
How does it enable Mac updates with Safari, or say even Firefox.

I don't understand how to load through it. Help

06-01-2007 06:07 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Bevy,
First you need to go to the Apple downloads page and find the Java 5.0 download. Then you have to add its URL to iGetter, for example using the browser contextual menu command "Download with iGetter":

You may also turn on the iGetter "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function and then just click on the download link. The Java 5.0 URL should be like this one:
http://wsidecar.apple.com/cgi-bin/nph-reg3rdpty2.pl/product=13019&cat=60&platform=osx&method=sa/JavaForMacOSX10.4Release5.dmg

Now, if the download is not started yet (see "Start downloading immediately" option at iGetter preferences, General panel) you have to start it manually. If you want iGetter to redial your modem automatically you need to turn on "Redial if disconnected" Tools menu function. After a 60 sec. period (see "PPP attempts timeout" option at iGetter preferences, Connections panel) iGetter will try to redial your modem. Otherwise you need to connect your modem first and then start the iGetter downloads. If you have both modem and Ethernet connections you have to disable the Ethernet interface temporarily for the redial and hang-up functions to work properly.

Regards,
iGetter Support

06-02-2007 01:39 AM

Posted by:
Bevy

Find more posts by Bevy

Downloading Updates

I just tried to post a reply to you and there were no other imaginable code letters to do, and it said I had them wrong. This is English!

Anyway I appreciate the walk through. I will try again, downing from the Apple site. Do I start the download using the green, Auto DL. or the Red DL button? I don't know what version I have iG. but it say I'm not regestered.

The letters below are a backwards E or a 3, J and E Z and 7 or is that an upside down L.

06-02-2007 01:43 AM

Posted by:
Bevy

Find more posts by Bevy

Tired!

boy I'm so tired.... I can't even spell tonight, forgive me. Um, can I go to the Mac site through iGetter? I donGetter! Why is it so complicated?

06-02-2007 04:53 PM

Posted by:
Bevy

Find more posts by Bevy

Is this why I can't get it to work? It just keeps adding to the queue with absolutely not other functional quality. It says I need to install the plug-in, so I hit yes, and nada. I've tried everything. It is bugged.

Please help.

06-02-2007 04:58 PM

Posted by:
Bevy

Find more posts by Bevy

I give UP

Too many loops, hours, and trys.

06-04-2007 09:59 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Bevy,
I'm not sure what you expect iGetter to do automatically, but may be you should read our post above more carefully.

1. You need to add the download URL in iGetter. There are several ways to do this. We have shown how you can do it by the contextual menu command "Download with iGetter" in Safari. (For Firefox you need to install the FlashGot extension). You can try also to copy and paste the direct Java 5.0 URL written above.
2. When the URL is in iGetter just start it. Either by the green or the red download buttons. The difference is not significant at this moment, but if you use a modem you need to connect it first.
3. If you have not paid the registration fee for iGetter you have the unregistered version. It's fully functional and without expiration, but has a shareware reminder at startup.

What exactly you can't do from the first two points?

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply