< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-06-2007 06:43 AM

Posted by:
Hengbo

Find more posts by Hengbo

Hi,

I've recently switched to a MAC computer and reinstalled an equivalent of all the programs i used on my pc. Now i've downloaded IGetter and i tried downloading a couple of files from a website of which i am an authorized member. The problem is that even though i've put my username and password in the "site manager" menu with the main URL of the site, i still have to fill in the details for each and every download manually or it would still show me an "error 401" in the segment description and remain in "waiting" with unsuccessful connection attempts....

Does anyone have a an clue how i could fix this?

06-06-2007 11:58 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hengbo,
It seems that your Site Manager entries don't match your download URLs. To avoid this problem when you enter your user info in the "Item Settings" dialog, Advanced panel, you can try the "Apply these settings to Site Manager" option. It will add the entire URL path in the Site Manger which in some cases may not work for other downloads. So you need to clear everything back to the ".com/" part of the server entry. Here are some examples for Site Manager entries:

http://www1.server.com/ - Exact host with subdomain www1
http://.server.com/ - Any subdomain of server.com should work

In other words you need to enter the server part of your downloads, not the site that you have an account at. In most cases download servers and service sites are different.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-18-2007 03:17 PM

Posted by:
Hengbo

Find more posts by Hengbo

Yes!

Sorry for the late reply... i had been away some time so i didn't get the chance to use your advice 'til now... and thanks a lot, that was the solution!

Now the programm works flawlessly!!
Have a good evening!

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply