Two Features I would pay money for
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

06-17-2007 09:36 AM

Posted by:
version7x

Find more posts by version7x

Just downloaded iGetter. Love it so far - however if it had the following features, I would switch completely.

1. More integration for applications. Specifically Software Update and iTunes. I don't know how many times I've tried downloading from either source and due to a really crappy network connection, I've lost the download and had to start again. I've been using speed download which does this, but was hesitant with the price. I wanted to check out other options.

2. Secondly, it would be great to have iGetter run in a hidden mode - off the dock. Kind of like a system daemon. Putting full control in a menu bar item would be great - and clean up my dock!

Overall, thanks for the great product!

06-17-2007 05:25 PM

Posted by:
Kay

Find more posts by Kay

I completely agree! One, the links of the files being downloaded don't get passed to iGetter from FF, which is kinda annoying because it works perfectly with Safari. And second, the background version would be totally awesome. I don't want to be reminded every time how the files get downloaded, i just want it to be done! That and maybe to check the download status from time to time. So yeah, the "system daemon" type of application would totally rock.

06-19-2007 12:58 PM

Posted by:
Big_Stimpson

Find more posts by Big_Stimpson

Heck YEAH!

I use "Speed Download" too. I have finished the trial version, but $35 is way too much for what is basically a plugin. If iGetter had all that - I'd fork out $15 in a heartbeat. iGetter would be the product to beat!

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply