Igetter outgoing data?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-04-2007 09:46 AM

Posted by:
Iiro

Find more posts by Iiro

Hi im using igetter with osx and firefox. When i start downloading with igetter from rapidshare it slows my computer down because it fills my whole outgoing line wich is only 30KB/s.
Why is my igetter uploading stuff out from my computer with the speed of 30KB/max/s when im only downloading.(two files at the same time) all other options default.

. i i r o

07-04-2007 05:10 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Iiro,
To solve the problem you can turn on the "Obey Speed Limit" Downloads menu function. Then you can use the speed limit slider available on the downloads window. Also you can try to decrease the "Default number of segments" at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-08-2007 09:49 AM

Posted by:
Iiro

Find more posts by Iiro

Yes i know, BUT the thing is that its not the downloadspeed that slows things down but the upload speed.

What is igetter sending out, when its only downloading? Igetters conversation to the site's shouldnt take 35kb/s data?

It would be nice that you could set the speed limit to the outgoing data also.

07-09-2007 10:08 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Iiro,
How did you determine that iGetter uploads at 30 KB/s?

iGetter sends short HTTP/FTP request and then receives the response along with the file, so it would be difficult to determine the upload speed. You may use a network sniffer like MacSniffer to see what iGetter sends and receives.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply