< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

07-19-2007 11:57 PM

Posted by:
Michael

Find more posts by Michael

Hi there

This week I downloaded about 15 files out of 25 needed. The 15 are fine but 10 other downloads listed as 'Broken'. When I go back to the site with the orignal files there are no altrenate sites for download. How do I fix this to complete the download?

Thanks
Michael

07-20-2007 06:41 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Michael,
Depending on the error causing the broken state (see the "Segments" tab panel) you need either to limit the number of connections to that site or get a fresh URL if it's expirable.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-20-2007 08:43 AM

Posted by:
Michael

Find more posts by Michael

Broken Downloads

Thanks for that. How do I get a fresh URL - sorry for being thick.

Michael

07-20-2007 07:01 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Michael,
Most of the file sharing services give URLs that expire, so you have to login again to the download site, find the same download and replace the download URL in iGetter (by the Item Settings dialog) with the new one. You will see a lot of different characters in the URL but the download is the same.

I'm not sure if this is the case for the broken state of your downloads. So you need to see the exact error that causes this state.

Regards,
iGetter Support

07-27-2007 01:48 PM

Posted by:
Dave Carlton

Find more posts by Dave Carlton

Yikes! I had this happen while downloading a 7.1GB file from Apple developer support and I need help in resuming this as my ISP (Wildblue) limits me to 17GB per 30 days. Since this one file represents 1/3 of of my bandwidth I really really need to resume it as I have downloaded 96%.

How can I get Igetter to download the rest? Help!

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply