Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
"Waiting..." status because of connections limit to site keeps others downloads pending
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-22-2007 05:31 PM

Posted by:
Razorback

Find more posts by Razorback

And I find it annoying that I have to pause all these downloads that are on "Waiting..." (because the connection limit to the site is reached) or "Pending..." status each time I want to download something from other sites. Because otherways my newly added download goes to the end of the list and will be downloaded after all other files will be.

And if the site I'm downloading from is very slow then iGetter won't use my bandwith, i.e. won't work with maximum performance. Was this considered before?

08-24-2007 07:41 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Razorback,
We plan to improve the site limitation logic in the next versions of iGetter. Currently you can move up (set to a lower number position) downloads which you want to download first or/and increase the max simultaneous downloads value.

As of max use of your bandwidth, iGetter does everything possible to utilize available bandwidth (see if you have set a proper connection type in the iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel), but the only way to download faster from slow servers is to find a mirror server or/and increase the number of segments for this download. Note that servers with a limited output bandwidth also apply limit over the number of connections you can make to them.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply