Download folder
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

08-27-2007 04:18 AM

Posted by:
Jad

Find more posts by Jad

I'm new to iGetter but, it being a great product, have gotten used to it pretty quickly. Just a few quick questions though.
I'm trying to designate a download folder on the desktop to download files into. I've created a folder called "Igetter" , set it as default location, but all new files are still being added to the desktop. How come? I've turned the IGetter on and off a few times to no avail.
Second question. When highlighting a link to download I'm presented with an option to "download all with Igetter" , but I don't want to "donload all" just the address that was highlighted. How would I do that?
Thanks.

08-27-2007 04:03 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Jad,
iGetter uses the last saved download folder when you use the "Open save dialog on new download" option available at iGetter preferences, General panel. If you add files without a save as dialog iGetter will use the default download location. The "Download Rules" feature may help you organize your files in different folders as well.

As of missing "Download with iGetter" command, most probably there is no link under the contextual menu, but a picture. Could you please send to our support email http://www.igetter.net/igetterfeedback.html an example URL.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

08-28-2007 04:10 AM

Posted by:
Jad

Find more posts by Jad

Thanks for reply.
I did as you've instructed but downloads are still being put on the desktop.
As for the "download all" , that pops up only when the links aren't clickable , i.e. when one has to highlight the address and click. The direct links do offer the option "download with" instead of "all".

08-28-2007 08:03 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

So how do you add your downloads, through the "New URL" dialog or without it?

08-29-2007 04:19 AM

Posted by:
Jad

Find more posts by Jad

I add them thru right-clicking "download with Igetter". My igetter's set to start automatically so that works for me.
How about that folder question though? It'd be a lot more convenient not to have a desktop full of files . Any suggestions?

08-29-2007 08:21 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Hello Jad,
To help you solve the problem please send to our support email igettersupport(at)presenta.net your iGetter and Mac OS X versions as well as your prefs file located at:
<Home folder>/Library/Preferences/iGetter

Also see if the folder "igetter" that you have created is not locked and that you own it (Cmd+I).

At last look if you don't have a "Download Rule" for your Desktop folder.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

08-29-2007 12:59 PM

Posted by:
Jad

Find more posts by Jad

Actually , it works now. Don't know how or why , but it work )))
However , the new window pops up now requesting to "add url?"
So , other than having to click an additional button ("add") in the process, everything' ok.
Thanks.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply