< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

09-26-2007 02:29 PM

Posted by:
Susanne Billig

Find more posts by Susanne Billig

Hi,

I work with an iBook G4, System 10.4.10. iGetter 2.6.1 worked fine for many weeks. Now (after a holiday, no new programs installed): When I download several files, they all stop where they are, no more activity, but iGetter still reacts, though does not continue to download files. Other programs one by one stop working as well, some crash. It is not possible to quit most programs, not even forced quitting. It is not possible to shut down my computer. I have to take the battery out. This happens again and again. My computer does not crash this way when I don't download files with iGetter.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for any kind of help, Susanne

(PowerPC G4 (1.2), 1 CPU, 1.2 GHz, L2-Cache (per CPU): 512 KB, RAM: 768 MB,133 MHz, Boot-ROM-Version: 4.8.7f1)

09-26-2007 06:24 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Dear Susanne Billig,
Thank you for your report.

This is the first time report of such kind so we would be grateful if you send us at igettersupport(at)presenta.net your iGetter crash log. You can find it if you run your Console application (/Applications/Utilities/Console). Then click on the Logs button and navigate to:

~Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iGetter.crash.log

It will help us find where the problem occurs. In the meantime, you can try to reset all iGetter preferences by removing the "<Home folder>/Library/Preferences/iGetter/com.presenta.iGetter.plist" file.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply