how to "unarchive"
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-17-2007 03:09 PM

Posted by:
Patricia Downey

Find more posts by Patricia Downey

Hi, I just tried to download some videos that I purchased but I keep getting the message "unable to unarchive" when I enter the URL and hit start. What does this mean and how do I fix it? Thank you!

10-18-2007 08:57 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Patricia,
The error "unable to unarchive" is not an iGetter error, but most probably comes from the BOMArchiveHelper (Mac OS X service). First you have to check if the downloaded file has a reasonable size (in Finder use Cmd+I to see its size). If it's a small file try to drag and drop it on Safari to see what is the real error. If the file is a password protected zip you have to use Stuffit Expander to unarchive it.

You can uncheck the iGetter "Post process files" option (iGetter preferences, General panel) to avoid the error but then you have to unarchive files manually. See the following forum thread for the same problem:
http://ask.metafilter.com/46261/My-Mac-will-not-open-zip-files-with-Stuffit-expander-What-does-Error-message-1-mean

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply