Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
how to recover broken link ?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-21-2007 06:27 AM

Posted by:

Find more posts by cldjr

I do not have a fast internet connection and when I download large file, links goes often broken and I am not able to recover the broken link, partially downloaded.
When I try to recover it, from Menu "Recover" or the Tools "Recover lost download" iG ask "open/choose" "the" broken link, which for me is in a Download Folder on my desktop, but then iG says <An item with the same filename and location already exists in the queue.> No way to go further...
How to do it ?

10-22-2007 10:39 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

First you have to look in the Segments tab panel for the error causing the broken state. Next you can look at the "Resume" queue table column if the server from which you download supports resuming. If the server from which you download doesn't support resuming you will not be able to resume your download. The only hope in such situation is to find a mirror server for the same file.

Also, check if you have enough free space on your HD.

Next if it's a download from a file sharing service try to get a fresh download URL from their site. Most file sharing services use expirable session URLs.

If you want to restore an incomplete iGetter download that is not queued in iGetter (after a fresh installation of iGetter) you can use the "Recover lost download function" in the Tools menu.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply