Safari integration not working?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

10-22-2007 01:50 PM

Posted by:
Alex Curylo

Find more posts by Alex Curylo

I'm trying out the demo version of iGetter, and I can't get Safari (2.0.4)integration to work. It seems that it's supposed to even in the demo, because I see "iGetter Plugin" registered for every type under the sun at the end of Safari's Installed Plugins page, but movies all carry on loading in the page with no apparent difference. I've tried turning integration on and off from iGetter, deleting the plugin manually, and nothing seems to make a difference. Is there some trick I'm missing?

10-23-2007 06:24 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Alex,
Movie and audio files are mainly used from the QuickTime or Media Player plug-ins, so you should add them to the iGetter integration preferences with caution.

However, for some movies like these in YouTube you can try Firefox. Also, you need the UnPlug or VideoDownloader Firefox extensions which can give you the right download link (sometimes you need to add "flv" extension manually after completion). If you have the FlashGot extension installed just use the "FlashGot Link" contextual menu command on the VideoDownloader "Download link" button and you will add the file to iGetter.

As you can see some of the movie URLs are hidden and there is no direct way to download them.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply