Network Error: Failed to get the segment
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-04-2007 01:03 AM

Posted by:
Paul Shortino

Find more posts by Paul Shortino

When I try to download 1 to 2 gig movie files I get almost the entire thing but always one small segment with the description "Network Error: failed to get the segment"

I have tried everything I can think of. I do not think it is the site. I had no problem in Singapore where my connection is very slow, but here in Thailand it just will not work with this site and these files.

What do you think?

Thanks

11-06-2007 10:50 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Paul,
There are two possible reasons for the reported error: there is no enough free space on your HD or the server really returns an error while iGetter tries to connect to it. Unfortunately, if it's the first case (insufficient space) you should restart the download. If it's the second case try to download with less segments. May be the server has a connection limit and if it's too restrictive may ban your IP address.

So you can try to limit the number of connections to 1 for that site in the iGetter preferences, Site Manager. Also you can set the "Default number of segments" to 1 or the "Minimal segment size" to 9999 KB at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel.

At last, the problem may be caused from a Proxy server. The solution is to find a mirror for this file, use a different ISP for a moment, or wait some more time (for example a day) when the Proxy cache will be cleared.

Regards,
iGetter Support

01-30-2010 06:29 PM

Posted by:
Chris Halpin

Find more posts by Chris Halpin

looking for you

Paul, send me an email, I'm going to be in Singapore 3/5-3/11, and can't reach you anywhere.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply