Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-06-2007 10:44 PM

Posted by:
downunder

Find more posts by downunder

Hi,

I'm using firefox + flashgot + igetter.

After fiddling, the combination finally allows automatic downloads to start.

However, after each download is triggered, the web page that had the download link is replaced with a page showing the iGetter icon and the words:

Download transferred to iGetter...

Click 'Back' button to keep browsing.

How do I prevent this page from loading? - e.g. I just the want the download to happen with no other notification, and remain on the web page which contained the link.

Thanks in advance.

11-07-2007 06:51 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

If you use Firefox + FlashGot then you can just turn off the "Integrate with Internet browsers" iGetter Tools menu function. Now when the Firefox "Save As" dialog appears you will see an option to download the file with iGetter. You can use the other FlashGot commands as well but you have to set iGetter as a download manager in its preferences.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-07-2007 06:38 PM

Posted by:
Downunder

Find more posts by Downunder

Still doesn't work

Hi,

After removing browser integration, flashgot no longer captures downloads. (no changes to flashgot prefs).

Instead, the standard firefox downloader catches the file when I get to the save as command.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

11-08-2007 08:07 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

When you click on any download in Firefox you have to see the Firefox "Save As" dialog like this one:
Just choose FlashGot option and it will start iGetter.

If you want to use the contextual menu commands use "FlasgGot Link", "FlashGot All", FlashGot Selection", etc. instead of Firefox's "Save Link as..." command.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-10-2007 04:08 AM

Posted by:
downunder

Find more posts by downunder

Still does not work

Hi,

Setting the Flashgot prefs to mimic your screenshoot, and turning off browser integration in iGetter, results in no downloads at all:

(I have a screenshot of this, but I don't see an option to include this in my post...)

I attempted this on the Presenta download site, and saw a message at the bottom of the firefox pane stating "http://www.presenta.net/cgi_bin/downloads/igetter2.6.1_en.dmg" - but nothing happened.

I also tried the "Save As" command, and no options were presented to download with iGetter.

My config includes Mac OS 10.4.10 on a new intel-based 17" macbook pro with iGetter 2.6.1 and Flashgot 0.6.9.7.

My previous system - OS 10.4.9 on a PPC-based 17" powerbook, with iGetter 2.6.1 and Flashgot 0.6.9 - iGetter worked perfectly.

Do you have any other suggestions, or an email address where I can send you screenshots of my preference settings?

Thanks!

11-12-2007 09:53 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

It seems that your Firefox browser is somehow messed up especially if you don't see any of the FlashGot contextual menu commands. So you can try the follwing:

1. Quit Firefox (Cmd+Q). Find and move on your desktop the "Firefox" folder located at "<Home>/Library/Application Support/"
2. Start Firefox and reinstall the FlashGot extension.
3. Make sure that you have only one iGetter application folder installed, otherwise FlashGot may not find and start iGetter.
4. Now Firefox should work properly.

Alternatively:
1. Open the Firefox preferences, Downloads panel and remove all download actions except those for PNG and TIFF file types.

Our support email is igettersupport(at)presenta.net

Reagards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply