< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-08-2007 06:55 PM

Posted by:
Hendrik

Find more posts by Hendrik

Hi

My iGetter cannot connect. I am behind a proxy configured by a .pac file. I am also behind a wifi router. Are there any special settings I need to tweak?

Please let me know if I can find a detailed error message or something in igetter to send to you guys.

Thanks

11-09-2007 10:45 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Hendrik,
iGetter uses the Mac OS X system proxy settings, but additionally you can specify your authentication info for Socks and HTTP proxies in iGetter preferences, Proxy panel. If your machine/router uses a firewall, turn on the "Use passive FTP mode (PASV)" option in the System Preferences -> Network settings -> Proxies panel. If Safari works, but iGetter returns an error, just open the iGetter "Segments" panel and tell us what error you receive.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

11-09-2007 08:54 PM

Posted by:
Hendrik

Thanks for the quick reply

I tried your suggestions with no luck. Safari works perfectly. I get the following error in the segments section: Network error 268435556. Any ideas?

For what its worth, I am currently using speed download as a download manager and it connects without problems. (I hate the program though and would LOVE to switch to iGetter.

Thanks dor the help!

11-12-2007 09:22 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Hendrik,
The network error 268435556 means: "Operation timed out. Server not responding?".

What you can try:
1. Configure your Internet interface connection as prior in the System Preferences->Network->Active Network ports-> Set first the interface connection that goes to the Internet.

2. If the problem appears only with FTP sites switch on "Use passive FTP mode (PASV)" option at System Preferences, Network, Proxies tab panel.

3. Turn off the 'Test connection status' in the iGetter preferences, Connections panel.

4. Make sure that you haven't set to 0 the "Timeout connection attempts after '#' sec." option at the iGetter preferences, Connections panel. It must be 60 sec.

5. If you use firewall look if it doesn't block iGetter.

The following thread describes the same problem:
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=278

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-03-2007 05:21 PM

Posted by:
Hendrik

Thanks for all the help.

My proxy was configured within OSX prefrences using a PAC auto config file.

Once I manually configured it started connecting perfectly!

Thanks

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply