Keychain Integration
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-14-2007 01:52 AM

Posted by:
John From Chicago

Find more posts by John From Chicago

iGetter requires you set up an account for every secure location you download from. These user/passes are already in my OS X keychain. It's a real pain in the butt to have to open my keychain, then open iGetter prefs and set up an account the first time I use each server. There are dozens of servers I use, and we add new ones all the time. It would be so much easier if iGetter just accessed Keychain rather than require me to rebuild one of it's own. Moreover, these are secure servers and I really won't trust anyone's security but Apple's.

It's really quite an elegant solution compared to what's there now. I don't normally make a fuss about features I think are missing, but this is just too obvious. I wonder why Presenta didn't do it that way in the first place.

Other than that, it's a great app. Add this feature and I would be an owner and fan for life!

11-14-2007 11:26 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello John,
Adding Keychain support in iGetter is a good idea, so I added it in the iGetter Wish List. However, if you use Firefox for example the problem still remains.

As of security of iGetter Site Manager passwords, we use an algorithm that is strong enough that you may trust it. The Apple's Keychain algorithm TDES is adopted in 1977, but it's still good enough to use it as well.

Thanks,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply