Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
once download with Safari and once with iGetter - WHY?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-15-2007 08:17 AM

Posted by:
Anathema Device

Find more posts by Anathema Device

Hello,

I wonder why some downloads (after clicking a link in Safari - Leopard) is downloaded with iGetter and some others are downloaded with Safari.

Where can I cusomize this behaviour?

Thx in advance.

Ciao Anathema

11-15-2007 10:51 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello,
You can adjust the iGetter browser plug-in interception through the file extensions listed in the iGetter preferences, Integration panel. (By default these extensions are: "sit, bin, hqx, zip, gz, tgz, dmg"). Add movie and audio file types with caution since they are intercepted by the QuickTime plug-in.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-15-2007 01:53 PM

Posted by:
Anathema Device

Find more posts by Anathema Device

I added in this line otrkey, but these files are always downloaded with Safari. Do you have any idea what the problem?

11-15-2007 07:23 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

otrkey is a very new file type, so we will add support for it in the next versions of iGetter. In the meantime, you can try to drag and drop otrkey links on the iGetter dock icon.

Alternatively, you can try the Firefox browser (http://getfirefox.com/) with installed FlashGot extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220). Then turn off the iGetter "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function. FlashGot allows you to choose if you want to download the file with Firefox or iGetter.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply