< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

11-23-2007 08:20 PM

Posted by:
Matthew

Find more posts by Matthew

Hi,

After I installed (and uninstalled) Firefox beta 3 igetter no longer works. I see the link open in the window and disappear leaving a file that is incomplete.
I have tried reinstalling Firefox;Igetter;and flashgot in all combinations and I'm still not able to download.
I can still download with my normal firefox downloader but not with Igetter.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

11-27-2007 11:56 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

Hello Matthew,
Most probably the problem with the incomplete downloads is an authorization error. Just open some of the small finished downloads in Firefox and see what is the error.

If you want to reinstall Firefox 2 with FlashGot look at this thread:
http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=977

Regards,
iGetter Support

12-10-2007 12:54 AM

Posted by:
M4tt

Find more posts by M4tt

The Problem is the following:

Firefox 2 used cookies.txt to store Cookies, Firefox 3 is using a SQL-File (cookies.sqlite). So Igetter can't get the cookie information form Firefox 3.

If a link via Flashgot is passed to Igetter from FF3, Igetter ignores all Safari cookies (I tested this) and searchs for the - non existing - cookies.txt in the profile folder.

As workaround I copied the cookies.txt, which i backed up bevore upgrading to FF3 Beta 1, back to the FF3 profile folder.
The problem is that FF3 doesn't update the cookies.txt so I actually only can download from pages which i accessed with FF2 two weeks ago...

Please fix this problem!

12-11-2007 08:13 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

M4tt,
We contacted the Flashgot author at Appril, 2007 about the updated iGetter AppleScript events that support cookies, but he didn't update his extension. If you're interested this thread explains the new iGETGURL AppleScript event: http://www.igetter.net/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=948.

However, the iGetter v2.6.1 browser plugin supports session cookies so you can just turn on the "Integrate with Internet browsers" Tools menu function and use the iGetter click interception. In the forthcoming version of iGetter we already added our own browser contextual menu commands that send session cookies and work with Firefox 3.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply