Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Windows
How to set igetter as default download manager?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

12-10-2007 11:39 PM

Posted by:
anonymous

Find more posts by anonymous

I cant really seem to get igetter as default download manager. The default download for Internet Explorer (IE) kept popping up but as for iGetter, there is no response. If u know how to set it to default manager, please help.

P.S --> Give me full details..
Thanks =X

12-12-2007 04:39 PM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

First you have to turn on the "Integrate with Internet browsers" iGetter Tools menu option. Next see if the file extension which you want to download is listed in the iGetter options, Integration panel. You may add any download from Internet Explorer if you hold Ctrl+Alt keys and then click on the download link. The next option is to try the IE contextual menu command "Download with iGetter".

As a last resort you may install Firefox (http://getfirefox.com/) with the FlashGot extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220). If you use Firefox open the iGetter options, Integration panel and turn off, confirm and then back on the "Add Contextual menu support for Internet browsers" and "Integrate with Internet browsers" options.

Regards,
iGetter Support

11-21-2008 08:16 AM

Posted by:
ehsan

Find more posts by ehsan

defult download manager

hi.
i use Mozilla and my computer is imac.
i want igetter to be my defult download manager, but i can not do this.

also is that possible to copy a number of download url's to this application and it manages them itself?

another question is that how can i direct each download to my favourite folder each time rather then igetter puts them all in one place...

thanks

11-21-2008 08:56 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

ehsan,

quote:
i use Mozilla and my computer is imac.
i want igetter to be my defult download manager, but i can not do this.

I assume that you have read the post above and you have installed the iGetter browser plugin. You can check this if you write in Mozilla "about:plugins". iGetter plugin should be listed there. Alternatively, you can install the FlashGot extension.

quote:
also is that possible to copy a number of download url's to this application and it manages them itself?

Just copy the URLs and use iGetter menu Edit -> Paste (Cmd+V)

quote:
another question is that how can i direct each download to my favourite folder each time rather then igetter puts them all in one place...

You can use the "Download Rules" Tools menu function. Read about this in the iGetter Help -> Managing
downloads page.

Regards,
iGetter Support

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply