Forums Home | FAQ | Search  
Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
"NewURL"->Path->Choose dropdown customization?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

01-16-2019 11:58 AM

Posted by:
John W.

Find more posts by John W.

I'm not sure where the "New URL" dialog's Path->Choose dropdown list is getting its list of options, but I would very much appreciate a way to customize those options as a preference.

For whatever reason, the most common places where I download files do not appear in that list (it doesn't appear to mimic any particular set of favorites). By allowing the user to add a few custom choices at the top, I know it would save me significant time from having to always browse my way to the folder where I normal keep downloads (hint: not "Downloads").

If there's already IS a way to customize that list, can someone please direct me to where the instructions are for doing so? Or which set of customizable "directory favorites" it uses?

Thanks much! Really love iGetter, but this one issue continually drives me nuts!

-John W.

04-11-2019 05:31 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

Find more posts by iGetter Support

You can add a new download folder through menu Tools > Download Rules. Add a new rule with a folder without checking any other options. This folder will appear in the Downloads > Folders group (to drag&drop downloads on it) as well as in the Choose dropdown list of New URL dialog.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply