Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
iGetter for Waterfox 2020.05?
< Last Thread     Next Thread >
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-12-2020 08:25 AM

Posted by:
David Brook

Can Igetter be installed and work on Waterfox 2020.05? I 'm usig a different download manager atm and I hate it.

If I say 'pretty puhlease...?"

05-14-2020 07:26 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

There is a thread for manual installation of XUL based iGetter extension in Waterfox Classic: showthread.php3?threadid=1762

For the non-Classic Waterfox the instructions for current Firefox should work: /faq.html#q1-14

UPDATE [05/21/2020]: For Waterfox Current you just need to turn on "Install iGetter Browser Extension" option at iGetter Tools menu.

05-14-2020 10:21 AM

Posted by:
David Brook

Getter for Waterfox 2020.05?

Thanks for the info. I ge the following error panel opening up. Whatever I do, I still get the error panel. Any ideas?

05-14-2020 10:26 AM

Posted by:
David Brook

Getter for Waterfox 2020.05?

Can't attach pic. It says: iGetterMessagingHost is missing, Please relaunch igetter to fix the problem. If you've uninstalled iGetter, just disable the iGetter Extension from the Tools->Add-ons.

05-20-2020 01:16 AM

Posted by:
David Brook

iGetter for Waterfox 2020.05?

Right you are, <ad removed> it is. Not so fast imho, but at least they respond.

Good luck!

05-21-2020 06:18 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

This forum is not for support requests. It's for user to user help. There is a contact form for registered users.

"iGetterMessagingHost is missing" message means that you need to turn on "Install iGetter Browser Extension" option in iGetter.

To integrate iGetter with Waterfox Current (2020.05) you just need to turn on "Install iGetter Browser Extension" option at iGetter Tools menu. It's great that current Waterfox doesn't follow Firefox 74 restrictions and still installs add-ons distributed through sideloading.

1. Turn on "Install iGetter Browser Extension" option at iGetter Preferences, Integration panel.
2. Restart Waterfox Current.
3. The following yellow icon will appear. Click on it.

4. Then enable iGetter Extension.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply