Forums > iGetter for Mac OS X
Downloading files always broken at 99%
< Last Thread  
Author
Thread    Post New Thread     Post A Reply

05-20-2020 10:25 AM

Posted by:
Ben

Have been encounter this problem recently that my downloading files always broken when downloading status at 99%.

Please advice how do i fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

05-21-2020 06:38 AM

Posted by:
iGetter Support

It's important what error appears when you select the broken download and look in the Segments tab panel. The error should be in red color.

Often URLs or your login session expire. To avoid problems with download links that expire set "Minimal segment size" value at iGetter preferences, Acceleration panel, to 100 000 KB. This way iGetter will not make new connections at least 100 MB from end of the file. Also set "Default number of segments" to 4 on the same panel. Options will take effect with the newly added downloads only.

To resume such download you may try to get a fresh URL from the same download site, then pause the download in iGetter, open its "Items Settings" dialog and paste the new download URL (replacing the existing one).

05-27-2020 12:59 AM

Posted by:
Ben

Nice, I have tried the Acceleration panel setting that you recommended. It works and solve the broken downloading problem so far.

Thank you so much.

All times are CT (US)    Post New Thread     Post A Reply